So, you're struggling to get to grips with your brand new Cricut machine?
Don't know how to make the most of this amazing, yet perhaps slightly frustrating tool? Don't know where to turn for help from here?
Well, if this sounds like your predicament, then fret not! We've got a solution for you - and it's just what you need to get the most out of your new machine.
A good printer that can work with a Cricut machine will help save you a ton of head and heartache.
For this, we have compiled a list of some of the best printers that work with Cricut machines for you.
OUR TOP PICK
If you're looking for a reliable name in the world of printing, especially when it comes to using Cricut, You can’t go wrong with legends of the industry, Canon.
Canon offers a wide range of products designed specifically for home users. The Pixma series is one of these products.
This product uses the Wireless LAN connection method and is compatible with smartphones and tablet operating systems such as iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
It has a compact design and a fast printing speed. It is ideal for those who want to print photos, documents, and images without having to worry about cables.
The Canon Pixma TR4520 is a great addition to your home office or small business.
It delivers a sleek design and high-quality images thanks to its advanced photo capabilities.
This compact printer offers wireless connectivity, making it easy to print wirelessly from your PC or Mac, perfect for all your Cricut and other printing needs.
Plus, the TR4520 has many useful features, including automatic document feeders, duplex printing, and mobile printing options.
The TR4520 prints in black and white or color.
We loved the convenience that this printer brings for using software like Cricut.
We were able to print off some documents while we were working and then go home and do other things without having to worry about printing them again.
- Excellent wireless connectivity features - using this printer is a cinch from pretty much any location, so long as there is a way to wirelessly connect. No need to worry about having to connect your printer to your PC or laptop, or needing to be close for the connection to work. It helps uncloister the space you need around the printer!
- Easy to use - The built-in ADF and auto-power on and off are great features for both keeping this printer an energy-saving model, whilst also being incredibly user-friendly. Needing to manually turn your printer on and off is no longer an issue with this model, which makes working with it just that little faster!
- Cost-saving model - Get that little extra ink out of your cartridges with this model!
- Modern design sensibilities help it stand out - No more of that plastic-cheap feeling of the printers of yesteryear. This feels like a sturdy piece of kit for both the office and in your home too!
- Pricey maintenance for its ink levels - You'll be needing those extra ink-saving features if you want to keep prices down here! Whilst the printer itself is very reasonable when it comes to general pricing, the ink cartridges can very quickly and easily boost those costs in the long term.
Also Available from: Journeyed
Looking for a versatile printer? Looking for a printer that can do it all, and then some?
Whilst pretty much any great Epson printer could be described as an excellent 'jack-of-all-trades', the Workforce model is perhaps one of the best of them all.
Able to do each of its tasks to a level that compares to even some more specialized printers, it's more like it is a 'master-of-all' it can accomplish!
The WF-7720 is a multifunctional desktop printer that uses Epson's PrecisionCore™ print technology to produce high-quality documents, photos, and graphics.
It offers exquisite productivity and reliability for home offices, small businesses, and schools.
The WF-7720 comes equipped with a large touch screen display that enables intuitive operation for easy setup and configuration.
Its advanced features include automatic duplexing, two-sided printing, and scanning.
The WF-770 provides reliable printing and copying capabilities for everyday business needs.
If you were wondering about our opinion on how we felt about this product, this is an exceptional printer!
The print quality is great, especially considering it was purchased used. It has been working flawlessly since its installation.
We would recommend this printer to anyone looking for good value for their money.
The only thing we would note is that you should be cautious if you want to mix different types of inks.
Using non-genuine ink cartridges might void the manufacturer's warranty, and may lead to damage to the printer if they are your primary choice of ink cartridge, so keep an eye out for that if you're looking to purchase it.
- Multi-function capability - Being able to scan your work, create copies, as well as have fax functions, you won't be struggling to find a use for this printer, whether that's in the home or a busy office! Plus, it is compatible with Amazon's Dash Replenishment service. Great for if you want to keep tabs on how much all those functions are affecting your ink levels.
- Wi-Fi supported - No need to manually plug your printer into a Laptop or PC. It's the 2020s now! Wireless is the future, and the Epson Workforce knows it!
- Large paper tray - You won't have to worry about needing to refill this printer constantly. The breaks between having to stock its tray are few and far between.
- Third-party ink cartridges are a no-go - As we mentioned earlier, if you want to get the most use out of this printer, it's Epson's ink cartridges or none at all. And considering both the price of those ink cartridges and the somewhat hefty costs of this printer itself, that might be a little off-putting to some.
Also Available from: Walmart
If affordability is the name of the game that you're playing, then you want to be able to balance functionality with something that isn't going to drain your bank account.
Fortunately, the Pixma isn't the only high-quality printer Canon makes.
The IP8720 is ideal for those who need their printer to work with a whole range of programs and software programs, including Cricut, whilst also being easy on the wallet!
With Canon's new iR EOS Digital Camera System, you can now print your favorite photos up to 19 inches wide!
This means you can enjoy your photos in much larger sizes than before.
Canon's new iP8720 printer comes with advanced features such as a faster printing speed, easy photo editing, powerful image processing, and high-definition printing capabilities.
It is a great way to share your memories with family and friends.
Not only that, you can now print wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
No need to worry about running wires or cables anymore. Just connect your camera to the printer via USB cable, and start printing!
Need an extra power source? The optional AC adapter provides reliable power for continuous operation.
Accessory Kit: Includes a USB Cable, Owner’s Manual, Instruction Booklet, Warranty Card, Quick Start Guide, and Software Installation CD.16.
We were amazed by how fast it prints! We also love the fact that the scanner is built into the device, as there was no need to find an after-market extra for the same job.
One thing we did notice is that it seemed to have some trouble registering how much paper was left in the printer, which might become frustrating if you weren't anticipating needing to refill it.
Indicator lights of some kind telling you how much paper was left, as well as what kind of paper was in the tray, would have been a welcome feature.
Overall, though, we think this printer is great for anyone looking for a good quality printer that is easy to operate.
- Easy to use for anyone - Easy to set up, and easy to use. These are the things any good printer needs, and the IP8720 is very good at both.
- Cloud and wireless compatibility - There are a whole host of ways you can interface and connect with this printer, from Wi-Fi, to even using the AirPrint compatibility feature!
- Great quality prints - Of course, a good printer needs to have a decent level of quality to its prince, and not just a load of fancy extra bells and whistles. Fortunately, the prints this product produces are of excellent quality and clarity, so you won't have to worry about that here!
- Wireless issue? - It doesn't seem to be uncommon for the printer to experience connectivity issues in less-than-ideal Wi-Fi hotspots. If you want this printer to be both reliable and quick, make sure that your internet upload and download speeds are up to scratch.
Otherwise, you may find yourself frustrated more than satisfied with this printer.
Also Available from: Walmart
Epson brings yet another exceptional printer to the table with their Eco Tank model.
If you're looking for a product that is compact, light, and cost-effective, all rolled into one package, then this is just the model that you're looking for.
EcoTank ET 2720 cartridge-free printer is designed to eliminate the need for expensive, environmentally unfriendly ink cartridges.
It prints using a unique combination of patented technology and specially formulated ink.
It has a 1-year limited warranty with registration.
We are fans of the new EcoTank ET-2720. We were especially impressed with the ability to use its ink with surprising efficiency.
We also liked the fact that it has a built-in scanner.
We are so pleased with our new printer! We love how quiet it is, and how sparing with ink it is.
We also really like having the ability to scan directly into a program such as Cricut without going through a long and tedious period of waiting for it to scan.
The whole process is very simplified and perfect for pretty much anyone to give a try.
We wanted to see if this was a reliable printer that would be ideal for commercial and business uses, especially for small businesses, and this one fits the bill perfectly.
The ink is great and the ease of use is wonderful, both vital qualities to any good printer.
Overall, we think it is an excellent printer that everyone should give some thought to.
- Compact and lightweight - Great for when you need to move this printer around your home or office, and transporting it in general.
- Great print quality - Just because it's light in weight, doesn't mean that it's light in quality. The prints that this model can turn out are incredible.
- Low upfront cost - A high-quality printer that doesn’t break the bank is always something that consumers are looking for, and the Eco Tank is perfect for both of these criteria!
- Print speed leaves a little to be desired - Whilst the print quality itself is definitely up to scratch, you may find the speed that this product prints to be a little on the slow side. If you're in a high-intensity environment, this might not be ideal for your space.
Also available from: Epson
A discussion of high-quality products simply can't just talk about Canon and Epson, without at least one appearance from HP and their extensive line of printers.
In this case, their Office Jet Pro model is an excellent choice for those who want to print with Cricut and other similar models.
If you are looking for an affordable yet functional printer that will help you save time and energy while staying organized, look no further than the HP Office Jet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer.
With its easy-to-use interface, fast printing speed, and self-cleaning features, this printer makes life easier for everyone in the household.
It is compatible with Windows 10 devices and has Wi-Fi connectivity for wireless printing.
Plus, it comes with HP Instant Ink, which allows you to print without worrying about running out of ink.
The HP Office Jet Pro 8036 All-in-One Laser Printer has a compact design and delivers high-quality results every time.
It is equipped with a convenient automatic two-sided feeder that lets you print double-sided documents easily.
It also provides professional printing solutions for both businesses and individuals alike.
When you want to impress clients, colleagues or friends, use the HP Office Jet Pro 8130 Business Ink Cartridge to print impressive visuals.
When we received this printer, we were impressed by the ease of us setting it up. We had no problems getting it to print on both sides.
It prints pretty quickly as well, which is important when you're printing large quantities of documents, or in a busy working environment that doesn't leave much room to wait for your print to be finished.
This machine does not come with toner cartridges, so you won't have any worries about running low on supplies.
Overall, we think any environment that uses this printer will benefit greatly from its inclusion, both in the workplace and in your home office.
- Excellent for keeping documents organized - Finishing organizing your documentation almost 50% faster than before with this printer's Smart Task function, which can sync with your google drive to help speed up any office work that needs finishing promptly.
- Ecological friendly design - The printer is made of recycled plastic, helping keep the products in your workspace more environmentally conscious.
- App compatibility - Being able to interface with this machine through the HP smart app helps extend its versatility and compatibility with smartphones and tablets, not just laptops and PCs.
- Using it can be a little bit of a hassle - Although setting up this printer didn't take too long, actually using it will probably take some getting used to for those who aren't exactly technologically-minded.
Also Available from: Walmart
Speed is always a priority for people when it comes to printing, and Cricut-focused printers are no exception.
Larger projects will obviously take more time to be completed, so having something that can handle that kind of workload at pace is essential, especially in the workplace where time is money.
Power consumption might not be the highest priority when it comes to features on your printer, but it should be kept in mind if you are looking to help maintain a greener environment and a smaller carbon footprint.
Features that allow your printer to atomically turn on and off after a certain amount of downtime, as well as at certain times of day, are ideal for this exact reason.
Saving electricity is also important because it helps conserve our planet's resources, as well as keeps your energy bills low.
You don't want to rack up a massive receipt for a printer that's been left on for 18 hours, after all!
Resolution is another key feature that you want to keep in mind when looking for your Cricut-compatible printer.
High-quality images are what a good printer should do! For those who like a good benchmark, 2400dpi resolution would be considered a printer that can produce a sharp quality for the human eye.
If you are planning to print out photos and other graphics, then look for a printer that has at least 300 dpi resolution.
Software & User Interface
Next to printing speed and resolution, user accessibility in its interface and software is probably the most important details you'll need to consider for your printer, as it helps make the other two features run smoother for you.
Having a large enough library of pre-made designs is perfect for getting your imagination rolling, as well as being able to add designs of your own that perhaps aren't ideal for the current project, but might be useful at a later date.
The software should be fairly intuitive for these reasons, making it easy to learn how to use it.
The best ones also allow you to import files from your computer, which makes it easier to transfer designs and images into your printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Cricut?
Cricuts are cutting machines that are used by crafters, DIYers, and artists.
They can connect to your computer, use wires or wireless technology, and come with software that allows you easily cut out designs from various materials.
Cricut cut out those designs from paper, fabric, cardstock, vinyl, pre-print stickers, sticker paper, or other material.
You can get the best printer for Cricut printing if you want to make beautiful prints and cuts on your projects.
Cricut isn’t the only company that makes these kinds of cutting machines, but they do make the best, easiest to use, and most reliable ones.
Why Do You Need A Printer For Your Cricut?
Technically, you do not 'need' a printer to be compatible with your Cricut machine. But it certainly makes your life and work with this tool easier.
If you are going to be using your Cricut often, you will want to invest in a high-quality printer so that you can print things out quickly and efficiently.
A good printer for Cricut offers a fast printing speed, high resolution, and a user-friendly interface.
This way, you can spend more time designing and creating rather than waiting around for your prints to finish.
We hope that this list and buyer's guide have at least shown you the sort of things that can help you in better utilizing this tool. We wish you luck in finding the perfect printer for Cricut!