Easy No Bake Christmas Cookies: ‘NILLA Holiday Cookie Bites Recipe
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is make cookies! Unfortunately, I (along with every other mom) am also so busy around this time of the year. That’s why I love when I discover an simple treats to serve at holiday parties, take to Lucas’ school events, or give out as yummy gifts to neighbors and teachers. Today I wanted to share with you the recipe for ‘NILLA Holiday Cookie Bites.
Aren’t they pretty?! I say recipe loosely because there is ZERO baking. These gorgeous treats are made by stacking Nabisco NILLA Wafers, filling with jam, and coating with candy melts. They’d also be amazing filled with a hazelnut spread or whatever kind of filling you like best. These are very festive and make quite the impact! The secret is that they are also very easy to make!
‘NILLA Holiday Cookie Bites Recipe
- 36 NILLA Wafers
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 8 oz. vanilla candy wafers (melts) (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Assorted decorations: crushed starlight mints, colored sprinkles, small round candies, coarse sugar and decorating icings
- BRUSH flat sides of 24 NILLA Wafers with juice, then spread with jam.
- PLACE remaining wafers, rounded sides up, on waxed paper-covered baking sheet; top each with 2 jam-topped wafers, jam sides down. Freeze for a few hours or overnight (like I did).
- MELT candy wafers as directed on package; stir in oil until blended. Dip NILLA stacks, 1 at a time, in melted candy wafers, turning to evenly coat stack and reheating candy wafer mixture if needed. I gently inserted a skewer into NILLA stacks to make dipping a little easier. Return to baking sheet. Immediately add decorations to resemble photo.
- REFRIGERATE 30 min. or until candy coating is firm. Keep refrigerated.
Holiday Party Inspiration!
To get some fresh new holiday party inspiration, make sure to visit The Ultimate Party Planner. It features lots of yummy and festive holiday recipes (like the NILLA Cake Bites recipe featured above) tested and tasted by bloggers along with tips on how to host the perfect party this holiday season. Plus, you can print Publix coupons to use for your grocery shopping this holiday season. Visit nabiscopublixpartyplanner.com to get inspired and save!