Super Cute, Super Simple Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Buttercream or Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened depending on your preference)
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- Pink sugar
Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 F and line one 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix until combined. Add half the dry ingredients and continue to mix until just combined. Then add the milk and the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not over mix). Divide the batter evenly into the prepared cupcake tins. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes completely on a wire rack. Once cupcakes have cooled, frost using a piping bag or small offset spatula/knife.
Place the shredded coconut in a shallow dish. Lightly roll the top of each cupcake in the coconut.
Using a sharp knife, cut each marshmallow in half at a diagonal. These will be the bunny ears.
Dip the flat side of each marshmallow half into the pink sugar.
Now, just press two marshmallow “ears” into the top of the cupcake. This is your cute bunny cupcake! Super simple, right?
- Totally Fat Free Treat Homemade Angel Food Cake Recipe is a healthier option
- Easy & Quick Cookie Pops for Valentine’s Day can be used as an Easter desert too.